Mike is a proven trial attorney, known for prevailing in difficult cases. He provides prompt, responsive, and experienced litigation representation. He is known as a tough litigator who takes cases to trial.
Business Litigation Services
- Administrative Law
- Appellate Law
- Business/Corporate/Securities Law
- Contract Law
- General Trial Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Professional Liability
- Real Property and Construction Law
- Securities Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Law
Mike understands that litigation is an investment decision for his clients. He believes in advancing his client’s success by delivering smart, aggressive, and creative representation, including early case assessment, attentive case management, and value-driven practices. He understands that the vast majority of cases do not go to trial, and works with his clients to reach creative, cost-effective, and case-effective outcomes. Thus, while he approaches each case with trial in mind, as part of his pre-litigation investigation, he determines the best strategy to attain an optimal solution, including considering alternatives such as mediation, arbitration, settlement, and case dispositive motions. Nonetheless, only those parties prepared to aggressively defend their rights through trial and appeal can expect the most favorable outcomes. Mike builds the strongest possible case by selecting and preparing witnesses who provide clear, accurate, and credible testimony and by delivering concise presentations, quality briefs, and powerful oral advocacy.
Recent Representative Cases:
- Obtained summary judgment for the defense in a multi-million dollar federal unfair competition lawsuit by a consumer electronics distributor against the manufacturer. Summary judgment was affirmed on appeal before the Ninth Circuit.
- Obtained a $7 million judgment on behalf of a CEO against his former publicly-traded company.
- Obtained a dismissal of all claims on behalf of a securities broker-dealer sued in a federal securities class action lawsuit. Claims alleged exceeded $100,000,000.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement in an “industrial espionage” lawsuit on behalf of a San Diego manufacturer against its competitor engaged in trade libel and unfair competition.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement for a senior executive wrongfully terminated by his aerospace industry employer.
- Obtained a $6 million non-dischargeable bankruptcy court judgment against a fraudulent investment banker who filed for bankruptcy to stop a state court trial. Relentlessly pursued the investment banker for six years in the trial court, state appellate court and federal bankruptcy court.